CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Reims Management School, Reims, France
The European Academy of Management and EFMD
www.euram-online.org & www.efmd.org
(Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow, UK)
(School of Management, St Andrews University, UK)
(REIMS Management School, France)
(ESADE Business School, Spain)
To be announced
Success in research is vital for the reputation of the present day Business School. While each European country is developing its own ways of judging research success, there are many common elements. Furthermore, research directors face many of the same problems – funding, motivating staff, dealing with other stakeholders both in and outside the school, and many more. This workshop complements the course for Research Directors run by Euram and that run in the UK by BAM. It brings a variety of keynote speakers from across Europe, and opportunities to share experience through presentations in themed sessions, discussions and networking.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The programme committee invites abstracts for presentations, and invites also suggestions for session themes. Possible topics include: Journal rankings, cross-disciplinary collaboration, Business research responses to the crisis, Business research ethics.
The program will consist of keynotes, discussion forums and selected presentations in session. Details to be announced.
The workshop will start at 15:00 pm on 7 October and will be followed by Champagne tasting and a group dinner. On 8 October, it will run from 08:15 to 15:45 with the possibility of taking part in Cathedral & Basilica tour, Maison de Champagne tour or Champagne villages' tour.
The COVER PAGE should be a separate sheet including the following information:
- Each Author’s name, his/her affiliation, address, telephone, fax, e-mail
The BODY of the proposal will consist of an abstract of 1 page (cover page not included)
- All proposals should be single spaced, 11 point font, Times new roman or similar.
- The Abstract should include:
o Purpose/topic being addressed
o Significance of the topic for research directors at Business Schools
o Summary of the contribution to the topic to be presented.
Abstract Submission: Monday 18 July 2011
Author Notification: Monday 15 September
Notification: Thursday 18 September
Final Registration: Monday 26 September 2011
Suggestions for sessions should be made directly to the programme chairs as soon as possible.
Travelling to Reims:
Reims is about 150 kilometres east Paris - only 45 minutes from the CDG international airport or form Paris “Gare de l’Est” railway station by the fast train (TGV).
You may take the train from station Airport CDG (Charles de Gaulle) and arrive in Reims Gare (located in the city centre) or Champagne Ardenne (Bezannes) (located in the south of the city).
Reaching the place of venue:
The campus 1 of Reims Management Scholl is only 10-15 minutes by taxi from the centre of city. You can also take a tramline B-colour blue on the map from the centre of city to the station “Croix Rouge” in front of Reims Management School, Campus 1.
Ticket machines are located at each tram stop.
Reims Management School has agreements with some hotels in Reims located in the centre of city :
- Best Western Hôtel De La Paix*** - 9 Rue Buirette, 51100 Reims (click here for the access map)
Room Price: from 85€ to 135€ the room plus 11€ for the breakfast for one person
- Holiday Inn Express Reims** (click here for the access map)-21, bd Paul Doumer, 51100 Reims
Room Price: 69€ for the single room and 79€ for the double room, breakfast included.
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Reims City Centre ** (click here for the access map)-46, rue Buirette 51100 Reims.
Room Price: 95€ for the single room and 110€ for the double room, breakfast included.
- Quality Enzo Hotel Reims**- 37, bd Paul Doumer 51100 Reims (click here for the access map)
Room Price: 77€ for the single room; 88€ for the double room and 10€ for the breakfast for one person.
- Hotel Mercure Reims Cathedrale***- (click here for the access map)-31, bd Paul Doumer 51100 Reims
Room Price: 108€ for the single room; 116€ for the double room and 16€ for the breakfast
- Hotel Ibis Reims Centre Gare** (click here for the access map, near the centre city railway station)-28, bd Joffre 51100 Reims
Room Price: 70€ for the single room, breakfast included.
The fees include participation to the :
- tutorial documents
- the workshop/conference/seminar dinner
- morning and afternoon refreshments
Payments should be made by :
- Transfer into the EURAM bank account: 424-5557951-65 - (IBAN: BE18 4245 5579 5165) with the KBC bank, Arenberg Horta, Arenbergstraat 11, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, BIC/SWIFT-address: KREDBEBB. (In case of bank charges, they should be paid by the payor)
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Luisa Jaffé - EURAM Administrative Coordinator
EIASM - PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 64 - Fax: 32 2 5121929